Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Did you see that Moon?

Oh wow!  This was worth getting up early for.  The last total lunar eclipse back in April this year was pretty much a bust due to cloud cover, but this morning was beautifully clear.  I had got my equipment organized the night before, correctly assuming that I'm not at my sharpest at 4am, so all I had to do was make myself a cup of tea and watch the show, clicking the shutter occasionally and wiping the dew off the front of my lens.  Neighbors Victor and Dori joined me on the dock as the earth's shadow slowly progressed across the face of the full moon.  As the totality phase approached, so the sky began to lighten and the moon became increasingly difficult to see, and even more challenging to photograph.  Finally I gave up, and a little later it set in complete obscurity.






No comments:

Post a Comment