Saturday, July 27, 2013

My new thing - a bird feeder

A new interest of mine is garden birds, ever since I decided to buy a bird feeder.  The first thing I learned was that this would have to be a squirrel-proof design, since we had far more squirrels in our garden than birds.  I must say this seems to do the job because the squirrels found it first and you could see them trying every which way to figure out how to access the seed, but now they have given up for the most part and have to be content with gathering the spilled seed on the ground.  The birds took about a week to find the feeder, but gradually the word is spreading among the community.  I also put a bird bath near the feeder so now I set up my camera nearby, sit a distance away and use a remote trigger to activate the camera.  What fun.  Stay tuned for more and hopefully varied bird pics in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment