Sunday, June 9, 2013

A day in Portland, OR

This was the final day of my trip "out West".  It was not planned, since I had accelerated my return date, but my friend Marcia showed me around her adopted town, and so these images are a smattering of parks, food stands, fresh outdoor markets, the International Rose Test Garden, the Lan Su Chinese Garden, and downtown stores.  A 10,000 feet overview if you will.  The next morning I woke very early to catch the 6.30am flight back to Charleston, and gratefully touched down in my adopted home town about 13 hours later, with my baggage and on time.  Yes!!  Next major trip will be to South Africa again, in September.
Very creative young lady

Fresh eggs!

Fresh tarts

Millener's store window - great selection of elegant hats

Downtown park with floral display and music

Awesome Thai wraps for lunch

Personalized Chinese Calligraphy

At the Lan Su Chinese Garden

One of millions of gorgeous roses at the International Rose Test Garden

Marcia blowing bubbles for grandson Nico in the park where we had a picnic dinner with her family

No comments:

Post a Comment