Sunday, April 22, 2012

Angel Oak in the Rain

I know it's not just me.  My photographer friends do the same thing.  We keep going back to places we've photographed many times; I suppose hoping to capture something different, something better.  I had been waiting for an overcast day (on a weekend) to capture this when there is not too much contrast, and when the colors are all saturated from recent rain.  I was also thinking that it would be deserted - again on account of the rain.  Boy, was I wrong.  It seemed everyone was there, with and without umbrellas.  I photographed this in three sections and had to wait ages for each section in turn to empty of people before quickly pressing the shutter.  It's nice in its natural green shades, but I like it even better like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment