Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I guess I must really enjoy road trips because I seem to spend a lot of time driving. This last leg of my journey down the parkway started at Blowing Rock and ended at Asheville when I jumped back on the I-26 and headed for home around noon. This morning was a very early rise, 4:30 to be exact. I had a half hour drive to get to Beacon Heights, my staked out sunrise location, and another half an hour's hike to get to the top of the trail. I hadn't thought about the fact that I would be hiking in the dark, so it was by the grace of God that I got there safely, but the view from the top was absolutely worth it. After awhile, I turned back and got a couple of shots of the Linn Cove Viaduct. The parks people do a great job of maintaining this parkway, and all without any kind of toll to access these treasures. I don't know how they do it in this climate of aggressive budget cuts, but kudos to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment