Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yellowstone is truly amazing

I am so glad that I finally made it up here after living in the US for almost 20 years.It was a long drive yesterday from Jackson at the southern end of the Teton Park, up to Gardiner at the north entrance of Yellowstone. The roads are narrow and winding, and there are still a lot of RV's and tour buses about, so I don't think I would want to be here in mid Summer.For today's entry, I'm just focusing on my images taken at Mammoth Hot Springs. What an incredible place. If you go in the evening or early morning, there are very few people around, and you almost imagine you are on another planet.Tomorrow I am leaving Gardiner and heading for West Yellowstone, from where I will cover the geyser basins on the west side of the park, the most famous one being Old Faithful. For more images than I can upload to this site, please see my photo gallery, current work, at www.vanessak.com.<

1 comment: