Monday, October 8, 2018

New Aerials of Local Lowcountry Scenes

I had been waiting to get back up in the air and take some new aerial images for a long time, but first the chopper that I use was in the shop for some maintenance, and then the weather was uncooperative.  Finally all the stars came into alignment and we took off on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning.  The flight lasted much longer than I had planned, but it was so pretty I didn't want to come back down.  Here are a few quick samples.  I have a lot of editing work to do before I get them all up on my website :)

Rail bridge over Rantowles Creek

Bowens Restaurant, King Flats Creek

Backman Seafood's dock destroyed by one too many storms

Bird Key Shorebird Preserve, Stono Inlet

What's left of Crab Bank, Charleston harbor

Old Coal Tipple ruins, site of the planned Lorelei Mixed Use Development

Johns Island Executive Airport and Burden Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment